Saturday, March 19, 2016

A Thousand Words

George reporting...

Sometimes I like to pick up the small camera and take a few pics around the house.   


This is a typical scene.  Sometimes, when the house is really quiet, I wonder what Andrea is doing.  Usually, I find her working on something creative at the new art desk I recently made for her.


This pic says much to me.  Of course the rug on the wall is from Turkey we picked up last year.  The table and chairs are made by a local Yucatecan craftsman.  However, sitting on the table are two unopened bottles of Guinness beer which I found for 30 pesos a piece at Plaza Dorada here in Merida.  I only open these when we want to relive our wonderful experiences from Dublin, Ireland.

I realized something after taking this pic.  The subject (Kori) in the Smartphone artwork by Jacob is stretching her arms upward with the umbrella as if trying to reach the sky.  And the house plant in the corner is stretching out towards the archway.


This newly repaired vase sits in the corner waiting for something to make it complete. What could that be?


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment